On our trip we visited also a Volkswagen meeting in Sacramento: BUGORAMA. Lot of nice cars, spectacular racing, hot weather and lots of fun! It's that much better in America!
After enjoying the nature, time to visit a city. We went to Sacramento, a cosy village where an international Jazz festival was taken place, sunny, cosy, ... just a relaxing day!
After fun in the snow we drove to the Valley of Yosemite. Too many people, very busy, difficult to enjoy nature in this touristic area. Here some pics of the many waterfalls...
After visting Mono Lake we changed our plans, normally we would go north to Lake Tahoe, but the Tiogopass just opened so we had the possibility to visit Yosemite National park. Something we must visit, lots op people said, but for us it wasn't that special after the beautiful Bryce Canyon, etc.
But we had the chance to play in the snow...so great experience...again!
On our trip we saw a lot of aircooled volkswagen. Now we are gone to one of the biggest meetings of the year @ Budel! Back on monday!
After Zion we had to drive a lot, but what we saw was amazing. Mono Lake, for me the most impressionated place we have seen. In summer, you see much more Tuffa's because the waterlevel is lower.
We saw a lot of animals on our trip. Lovely? Don't you think so?
On our 5th day we visited Zion National park. Hiking is the best way to discover this park. Because we don't have that much time, we made two small hikes, near the river and another to the waterfalls. Very hot in here, not that much water anymore...
On our way to Zion National Park we stayed in a nice Bed and Breakfast "The Dreamcatcher Inn". A nice experience and we had great breakfast with some Americans... Funny night :-)
We also made a great hike into the Canyon. 3 miles down, so also back up, but amazing...so glad we did this!
Some other pics from Bryce Canyon:
We spended one day in National Park "Bryce Canyon" Wonderful, amazing, the greatest day of our trip... So much amazing views, incredible nature...just enjoy!
keep checking this blog to see pictures of our imposingest day of our trip!
On our way from Page to Bryce Canyon, we made a stop to visit the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. Sun is shining, lots of sand, so...play time for the kids :-)
After the Grand Canyon we stayed a night in Page and visit Lake Powell. Nice but not that spectacular, is what we think....
On our way from the Grand Canyon to Lake Powell we made a stop to make a hike in the desert. It was very hot, but what we saw was wonderful. We both shivered a bit, because it was so high, and we needed a 10mm to get this on 1 picture :-(
We enjoyed driving on the roads with the amazing views, and our sportcar :-)
The first two days from our trip we spended in the Grand Canyon, so enormous, so beautiful.
Difficult to explain with a picture, you must see this to feel an unnamed feeling!
We are back from our 18 day during holiday at the westcoast from America! It was a wonderful trip, we have seen a lot We enjoyed the nature, the weather, the people, the cars, each other, ... each day was different and this make our journey fantastic.
Pics from each day are following...
A short impression from our trip:
- arrival in Phoenix - 39° C
- 2 days visiting the Grand Canyon: amazing
- Bryce Canyon, even more beautiful, made a great hike
- Zion Canyon, enjoying the wonderful nature
- Mono Lake, not just a lake but really incredible!! My favorite!
- Not planned, but Yosemite National Park was fun, we played in the snow!
- Sacramento, damned there is live on earth! Back in the city!
- Bugorama, a cool VW meeting with lots of great cars and a overwelming sprint...and ooh sooo hot!
- We're going to San Fransisco....What a beautiful city, enjoy enjoy enjoy!
- Visiting Alcatraz, you must see this!
- Santa Cruz - a surf city near the coast!!! This is really holiday!
- Highway one - relax driving with a lot of amazing views!Big Sur, Monterey
- Pismo Beach: a relax stay at the beach
- Santa Monica - Los Angeles: a city we visit for the second time, still enormous
- Huntington Beach: two days relaxing in the surf city of the USA....Looking back on a wonderful trip!
Pics coming soon!!!!